Great resources!

Before the event, we’ll be sharing a number of useful reports, guides, and other resources to help set the scene for this discussion. Be sure to check them out!

The Dapivirine Ring Design Guide: Human-centered design research to increase uptake and use

This resource has a great section on the journey and insights describing the approaches they used, as well as great user journey maps - check out pages 16 - 38 in particular.

YLabs report on “Understanding young men’s needs, experiences, and vulnerabilities to inform future sexual and reproductive health programming and research” from the Men Stand Up project.

The insights generated from this work are “being used by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and other funders and partners to inform the design of better gender, family planning, and health programs worldwide.”

This guide from UNICEF’s Oky project is a comprehensive and practical resource for co-creating with girls, and outlines approaches and phases for how to generate and apply insights throughout the co-creation process.

Love all these resources, @liz_mcneil ! I wanted to share some of the places I look when creating tools and questionnaires for insight gathering. I love IDEO.org’s Design Kit and their methods page. Teams I’ve worked with in the past have had good luck with the card sort and the secondary resources. You can find the link to these resources here.

I’d love to hear what resources others turn to when they’re looking to develop tools to help young people open up and really understand what they’re thinking and feeling.

1 Like

Thanks @maryphillips! The IDEO.org Design Kit is a great place for folks to check out! +1!

Here is the book that Andy mentions in his presentation at the webinar: [The Power of Positive Deviance: How Unlikely Innovators Solve the World’s Toughest Problems (Official Book — Positive Deviance Collaborative)] by Richard Pascale, Jerry Sternin, and Monique Sternin

It provides great framing on how to solve challenges, including the use of insights!

• "Initiating an open, curious inquiry into the nature of the problem
  • Using innovative behaviors to shape new thinking, rather than vice versa
  • Confounding the organizational “immune response” seeking to sustain the status quo"